This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A network interface will usually have some form of network address. This may consist of a node ID and a port number or may be a unique node ID in its own right.
Network interfaces provide standardized functions such as passing messages, connecting and disconnecting, etc.
- Computer port (hardware), an interface to other computers or peripherals
- Network interface controller, the device a computer uses to connect to a computer network
- Network interface device, a demarcation point for a telephone network
- Network socket, a software interface to the network
- Port (computer networking), a protocol interface to the network
- What Is a Network Interface?
- network interface card (NIC)
- Ethernet Networking Interface
- Understanding the network interface layer
|This computer networking article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|